Friday, August 1, 2008

Movies for all ...

I've been so bored lately and watching movies up the wazoo.


Today, I watched Definitely, Maybe. It was a good enough movie. I'm glad I didn't go to see it in the theatre because it would have been a waste of money.

I'm in love with Ryan Renolds. He's my "Hollywood Boyfriend," he just doesn't know it (as Pat would say).

He and Isla Fisher were terrific in this movie. Rachel Weisz was too. I think she and Kate Beckinsale are gorgeous so it's hard for such pretty people to make a bad movie ...

But they did. This was supposed to be a romanic/comedy ... heavy on the romance. I wasn't in love with it.

At all.


I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I would much rather have watched The Lake House.

The first time I watched The Lake House, I bawled like a little baby. I know a bunch of people that would give the movie a 1 out of 5 stars but this is almost perfect to me.

I felt the emotions between Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. It helped that Keanu is a hottie.

I can take or leave action and/or horror movies for the most part but give me a great zombie movie, comedy or romance, and I'm in heaven!

The Lake House is definitely a 5 out of 5 stars for me.

On the other hand ... Be Kind, Rewind sucked. I don't even think I could call it a comedy. I didn't find it funny.

Then again, I don't know that I've ever thought Jack Black was funny.

He was alright in Shallow Hal but School of Rock sucked ass.

I say: Jack Black needs to stop making movies. He's not funny. Like Adam Sandler lately hasn't been that great. Stop while you are ahead!

No comments: