Thursday, August 28, 2008

Book: Master of Desire (MacAllister Series #1)

Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister Series, Book #1) Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor


My review

rating: 3 of 5 stars

A historical romance set in the England during the reign of Henry II. Draven, Earl of Ravenwood, is forced by his sovereign to take in the youngest daughter of his sworn enemy in an attempt to bring some truce between the two feuding households. This works for sometime as Emily and Draven get close. She is determined he will be her husband and he has made an oath to the King to return her to her father in one years time in the exact same way he left her. Old wounds and psychological trama come up for Draven leaving Emily's feelings battered but not bruised. Can she win him?

Overall, a good read. Not one of the best from Kenyon but a very good start to the MacAllister Series. The one part I didn't appreciate was that she threw in Sin's name close to the end in a very off-handedly way. If I hadn't already read some of the MacAllister series book already, I would have had no idea what she was talking about. Literally, it says Sin did something with Draven ... nothing is explained about who Sin is ... or why he was there. Like I said, I knew who Sin was but didn't expect him to show up in this book.

View all my reviews.

No comments: