Thursday, January 3, 2008

To Knit or not to Knit ... that is the question ...

So,

... in a fit of boredom. I've started knitting again. As Courtney can attest to ... I'm not that good of a knitter. (Well Courts is the person who once tried to knit a "pot holder" and ended up finishing it by pulling the needle out of the last row ... folding it over and using athletic tape to tape the end shut). She's a freak.

I can knit a scarf ... mostly because it's straight across and then straight up from there. I knit this for my mom for Christmas ... cause I'm pooooooooor.



















Yeah ... it's the state of Massachusetts on a potholder. If you want the pattern ... I can direct you to the site ... if not ... meh.

I, also, knitted these two bidbs. For babies and stuff ... I ain't got a baby but I figured I could give one to Ashley who just had her little boy (Lennen Ewald) and Mindy's baby (who isn't here yet).



















Do you like the button? I got it at Michaels. I know it's not very practical for a baby's bib ... being all buttony and stuff but I wasn't really thinking about that when I bought it. I was thinking ... man, I like daisies ... and this will go perfect with the BRIGHT YELLOW bib I just knit!


















Then there is this monstrosity which took me about three hours to do ... it's so soft but it's tiny too ... like a newborn bib right?

Yeah ... I've got no life ...

So, I decided to do a fashion show with an old Strawberry Shortcake doll I had ...


















Ain't she pretty?

Chula was not amused ...


so she decided to clean herself ... she's just damn lucky I didn't decide to make her try it on!



Notice the chair behind Chula ... see all those notebooks and papers and other books? Yeah that's all my writing notes. Notice there is no cushion on said chair ...





I think I threw it under my bed ... but now I can't remember why! This is why I will never be a published author ... no will power to organize!




And Strawberry in the mostrosity.











Then ... after all that ... I decided to bake ... I'm so Suzie Homemaker (not Homewretcher like some of you all think!)




I made Trader Joe's Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Cake Batter Cupcakes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought there was going to be a blog about your craziest friend... now I am disappointed...