Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oh Baby ...

Sooo ...

Mindy had her baby. Blake William Burr was born at 8 something or other a.m. on Tuesday January 8, 2008 (the day after Mindy's 27th birthday).

He was 4 lb. 12 oz. and 16 1/4 inches long (if I remember right).
Mindy had a C-Section. I'm not sure if it was technically an emergency C-section only because ... well here's the story. Mindy has been having problems with the pregnancy since 23 weeks or so. There were a few scary spots in there. But as soon as Christmas hit, they were sure she was going to go to full term.



Then, her blood pressure started to go up and they noticed that the little guy really didn't seem to be growing inside. So, as Mindy put it, "if he's not growing in there, why not see if he'll grow out here."




They scheduled a C-section for January 22, 2008, but then her blood pressure went up further. So ... at her last OBGYN appointment, they told her to come back the next day because she was going to be going home with a baby.

He's such a little guy ... and while he's still cute and little ... I still don't want one of my own just yet ... Katie on the other hand, well I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't expecting by at least sometime this summer.

Mindy and Chad are doing well. Mindy says still doesn't think he's hers. I offered to take him but Mindy's mom wasn't having that. (Clearly, I was joking as I can't imagine myself with children).

No comments: