Friday, January 25, 2008

I am so tired ...

How tired are you?

I'm so tired ... I think I might die.

OK ... maybe not die, but pass out nonetheless.

I haven't been sleeping well lately. I thought it was because of the cat hair all over the house. BUT after a very good scrub (yeah I had a Katie Perry moment - I was ironing the sheet that I put over one of my plush arm chairs to stop the cats from clawing the hell out of them and I was like ... damn Britta, this is just for a chair ... STOP), it seems there is still cat hair everywhere.

So, I think I'm going to send the cats to the groomers ... well maybe. I'm not sure if I can afford it. And we all know what happens when I try to do it myself ... Ruby looks like she got hit with a weed wacker!

(A note of clarification: When I was in high school, I worked at a kennel and began a grooming training program. I was never licensed for dogs and, especially, not cats who require very VERY stingent requirements for licensure. I just remember how to do it and tried it on the cats ... they hate me, now, btw.)

This is how they look before (Yeah, they were getting ready to fight - heck this might have been mid-fight). See how fluffy both of their coats are?:



And, this is how my cats look when they have been groomed. You will notice that they are not so fluffy anymore!:

They get what is called a lion cut (see Ruby in the foreground of the above picture). They shave the body and leave tufts at the feet (so they can clean their face), a mane of fur around their heads, and the most adorable pom pom on their tails.

This is one of their infamous Face Offs ... a lot of posturing ... a lot of staring ... not much action!


I think I'm coming down with something ... it's either that or the sheer amount of allergens in my house are killing me. Nevertheless, I'm going back to sleep for a while since I've been up since 6 a.m. hoping I'd get called today. (No such lucky, obviously).

Night!

No comments: