Saturday, January 19, 2013

Big Girls Do It Better (Big Girls Do series #1)


This book was free from Amazon.com here at the time of this blog’s publish date.


AuthorJasinda Wilder

Rating: X (for some explicit sexual content)

Bookshelves: 2013, BBW, erotica, fiction, Jasinda Wilder, rock star, romance, singer

Begun: January 2, 2013
Finished: January 2, 2013

Media Type: eBook (read on Kindle app on Nexus 7)

Setting: an urban setting

Characters: Anna Devine, Chase Delany, Jeff

Synopsis: “Two things get me into trouble: food, and my mouth. That’s how it all started with Chase: first food, then my mouth.” Wilder’s first book in the Big Girls Do series is a romp into Anna Devine’s affair with the sexy rocker Chase Delany. A karaoke DJ at a dive bar … called The Dive … Anna is struck when she literally stumbles into the tall, dark, and handsome Chase. She can’t understand why Chase wants to sit near her at the bar and why the heck he seems interested in her. She actually takes it as a joke. Why would a guy as hot as Chase be interested in a BBW like Anna? Could he really be into her?

Review: I liked Wilder’s Big Girls Do It Better. She portrayed Anna just as I think a strong BBW would be. Internally, she’s self-doubting and self-effacing as any respectable BBW is. Internally, us fat girls are a little fragile. Externally, Anna is a strong warrior who wears bustier and sexy shirts. I love Chase but I hope he doesn’t turn into a pansy or wreck Anna’s heart in later books in the series.

In my opinion, this book gets:
4 out of 5 stars
A great read I’d recommend to friends

No comments: