Monday, February 14, 2011

Quick Review: Rescued in a Wedding Dress


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I usually like Cara Colter but this one ... this was not so good. I found myself skipping paragraphs (and, hell, whole pages) to find something that was interesting.

Not up to Colter's usual standards. I give this book 1.5 stars!

Plot: Molly has been hurt in the past by Chuck, her ex-fiancé, who stole all her money and left her to hang out on the beaches of Costa Rica. Houston is a battle won man who grew up in the slums of New York about the make the same mistakes as his bank robbing father, until a judge stepped in and took him into her life. Now, he's a prominent businessman who has shown up at Molly's workplace, Second Chances in New York City, and he's cutting the budget on all of Molly's causes. Molly has two weeks to show him the heart of Second Chances before he cuts it all. And as she does, she starts to uncover Houston's heart.

Like I said, Colter's good but this book just wasn't ... great. No umph. No sass. No real recommendations to read this book.


No comments: