Monday, February 14, 2011

Quick Review: His Mistletoe Bride

His Mistletoe Bride (Harlequin Romance)His Mistletoe Bride by Cara Colter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Again ... another one of Cara Colter's that was just so so. Maybe I should lay off the romance novels for a while because I am bored, bored, bored silly with these lately.

Granted, I had a few moments of misty eye-ness (yes that's a word. As I tell my students: "I'm an English teacher. If I say it's a word, it's a word. Even if I just made it up!"

Brody and Lila both have had heart ache in the past. Brody lost his brother and, the one tie he still has to his brother, his dog Boo is dying of cancer. Lila was scared by an incident which happened in Miami and forced her to take off for Snow Mountain Washington. There, she opens Miss L. Toe's Christmas Shop and begins writing a book on how to have the perfect Christmas.

But Snow Mountain is canceling Christmas this year, or at least the Christmas festivities and Lila is bound and determined that the spirit of the season WILL live on. And in the process, she gets arrest for protesting ... by Brody.

It gets better. But not by much. Three stars ... solid three stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: