So here's how it works: Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
- A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
- A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
Other Things to Know:
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is allowed.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
I've read 33 books so far in 2010 as of today ...
- and none have had a food in the title ...
- no body of water (one mountain reference though!) ... ooooh ...
- we've got something for #3: a book with a titled person in the title (i.e. queen, president, governor) and I've got Italian Groom, Princess Bride
- no plant
- well I have three books with places: Heart Of Texas Vol. 3: Nell's Cowboy\Lone Star Baby, Badlands Bride, and Home to Copper Mountain but I'm going to try for a better known place name!
- and no musical term or object
oh well ... it's a start!